Cd drive wont read at first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Org

In Runtime
When I insert a new cd into one of my drives it doesnÂ’t become aware of it into I ether right click it and hit open (doesn't always work) or restart the computer(always works). Its no big deal into I try to burn a cd or install a mult cd game.

also when I remove a cd the cd drive still has its name.

I haven 2 drives a burner and a dvd player. (and one unplugged but the burner took its IDE/power and so on) both do it.

Any thoughts?

Check under computer managment event viewer, see if there are any system errors that indicate any issues .Sounds like an operating system issue, repost this problem in Window Operating System section of the forum, include as much imformation as you can.

managment event viewer? Not sure were or what that is.

I've looked under device manager nothing odd their. I'am now runing a few norton fix items (windoc/system doc) to see if that can find/fix it.

The drives worked fine for about 3 mo. then just started acting up. I only done software updates (notorns windows games ect) and added a new printer/scaner and a sound card in the last few weeks. I dont think any of that is doing it.

Its possible youre drives arn't working properly, although both going defunct is unlikely , if you have a spare cd drive, swap it in, see if it has the same problem, try conecting only one drive at a time as well; event viewer is located in the same place as device manager, it sould be a couple columbs above it, there will be 4 subcatagories, application and system are the catagories that warrant a look, its an easy place to get an indication if a problem occured due to an aplication issue or system problem, its only a general tool, if nothing presents itself it doesn't mean there is't a serious issue.

Nothing about the drives.

But there is a lot of errors I should probly take a look at.... is it normal to have 80 plus error's under each application and system? (from the 6 to 22)

Tryed redoing drivers and extar drive. Didn't work.

EDIT* Hey there is a cdrom error

The driver detected a controller error on \Device\CdRom1.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Explanation
This problem is typically caused by a failing cable that connects the drive to the computer.

User Action
Replace the cable.

But that would mean it would never or rearly work rite? it works all but the start of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom