cd drive help???

psykojuggalo

Solid State Member
ok guys i need some help I just recently reformatted my computer so before i did i burned all of my pictures of my kids to a cd. Now when i go to save them back to my computer the cd-rw drive does not showing anything on the disk??? Even when i put in a regular cd it wont even show anything on the disk what do i need to do???

You need to delete the CD burner in Device Manager. Then go back to Control Panel and click Add Hardware to detect it again. Windows will find it and install basic drivers to get it going. Install factory software back on there.

you might have a bad cd burner on your hands. try installing the cd burner in another computer. if it reads cd-r's there, the cd burner still works, otherwise you might have to get a new burner.

Its obviusly not a bad cd burner it read cd's so its not broken its just a matter of reinstalling dirvers most likely

if it doesn't read cdr's, reinstall drivers. if that doesn't work, contact the manufacturer. i had a problem like this iwht my DVD-rom drive. i reinstalled the drivers and it still wouldn't read DVD's...i contacted the manufacturer and turns out it was defective. they sent me a new one though

Back
Top Bottom