CD drive boot issue

RationalGaze

Beta member
For the past few days i've been trying to fix an old HP Pavilion 526x, because of the WPA I am not able to log in. After setting the bios to boot from the CD drive, it just skips it and goes onto booting from the hard drive. I don't know why it's doing this but after troubleshooting the CD drive I have concluded that it is not the problem. I would like to know if I can do something about this, to make the computer boot from the CD drive.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Right well you could use the other machine to back up the data. It should have to Hard drive bays.

Ok, so what do I do about the computer not booting from the CD drive. Like i've said it just skips the step and goes on to booting from the hard drive.

Copy the contents of Windows Disk onto a USB device, obviously format it first. Go into the bios and change the boot order to usb first. Reinstall windows Then figure out what's going on with the cd drive.
Here's a link for more details if ur new to computers

Thanks, but I was able to fix it. I booted into safe mode, where I put the disk in and began reinstalling windows. I knew the problem wasn't the cd drive because i had already taken it out and tested it on my main computer.

Back
Top Bottom