Cd burning/installation problem

Ok sorry I wasn't sure where you went I assume that windows was alraedy on the box "did you get any cds with it?

There has to be a better way to do this if your still online I have a chat room and I can tell you what to do there or even call you on the phone I have unlimited long distance-costs me a bundle-Im in california

Im lost Is she talking to Bluto or me or both?

Ok guys I have a chat room at:

<Link Removed>

Just click on the link and we can talk

Oddly, my ISP [Cox Cable] didn't give me an email address, so I only have a Hotmail one.

Gary, tell me how to get into the chatroom?

Re: Im lost Is she talking to Bluto or me or both?

-> EDITED COMPLETELY STUPID COMMENT <-

Love CoMpUtaFrEeK

just click on the link a new window will open then enter you name in the box and just type-well thanks!

I guess I give up-poor kid ill probably never get her box together

whereangelsburn said:
"I'm having some computer problems and I was wondering if you allcould help. About a week ago I got rid of Roxio as my burning program because I'd got Ashampoo instead because I wanted to put music videos on CD. Then I tried to burn music from a CD onto a blank CD and it was taking so long that I decided to just put Roxio back on my computer. I have the CD that you gave me and it installed ok but everytime I tried to even open up the program it would say something about an installation engineer erroring. So I went to download.com and I think I probably downloaded like 10 different programs. All the programs that would actually let me burn cds from cds wouldn't install correctly on my computer [there'd either be an error during installation or I'd get a popup error thing if I tried to open it].

Just now I went on Kazaa and downloaded Roxio 6.0 and when I try to open it I get three pop-ups, the first one says "loading object failed" then "failed to create an empty document" and the last said "here (0x0)". I think I might be missing an important file or something. "

This is an email I sent to my brother because he's good with computers but I think he just thought I was having program problems. I'm 99% certain that it has something to do with my computer. He told me that he uses MusicMatch and that I should download it, so I did and this is the email I sent back to him afterward.

"Ok so I tried to download MusicMatch, right? It was pretty much done when an error occured. I can't remember what it said but I thought that it would abort the installation once I clicked ok, instead the installer told me everything was done and to restart my computer. So I did but the program doesn't work. At first I got a popup saying that the MFC42.DLL file was missing. I was able to download it and that popup went away but then I got three more when I tried to open the program. The first said, "There is a problem with the skin you're using. Either the ActiveX controls have not been registered or there is a missing file." then "Fatal error: Main window bitmap not loaded." then I got the explorer error thing for mmjb and I clicked details and got this "MMJB caused an invalid page fault in
module MMJB.EXE at 016f:0040dbc1.
Registers:
EAX=00000000 CS=016f EIP=0040dbc1 EFLGS=00010206
EBX=0058726c SS=0177 ESP=00a0f84c EBP=00a0f870
ECX=00a0f864 DS=0177 ESI=0121b474 FS=0fff
EDX=0000000b ES=0177 EDI=bff55215 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
8b 40 1c bb a8 51 62 00 8b cb 89 06 e8 61 0c 0d
Stack dump:
0121b424 0121b474 00000000 7c31c9c8 0121b26c 0040db0f 00a0fb00 0054b549 00000000 00a0fb0c 0040dd1f 0121b26c 004bb9c9 0121b26c 006291d8 00629050 "

I don't know if you know anything about this, but now I'm getting even more assured that I do have some file missing from my computer that I need to install programs or something."

If anyone can help me that would be really awesome. I depend on being able to burn from cds! Also, I'm running Windows 98.
Just now I went on Kazaa and downloaded
Sorry i tried,gdnight,see ya.
Yu need more than help.you need a brain.

Back
Top Bottom