CD Burner Problems

miller2190

Beta member
hi, ever since i reformatted my computer, i cant burn CDs! (I have windows XP if that matters) when i try to make an audio CD, it converts the files like normal, then when it actually tries to write the songs to the CD, the CD pops out, and it says, "Windows media player cannot burn the files to the CD. verify that the CD is clean and not damaged. If necessary, select a slower recording speed or try a different brand of blank discs." the CD isnt damaged, i tried all of the recording speeds, and tried 2 brands of discs.

the same thing happens when i try to make a data CD. Is there something i have to do after i reformat to make the CD burner work right? i reformatted twice, i NEED this cd burner, if someone knows how to fix this, i will love you :)

Lol, not so sure about that last part but give this a shot. Unistall the cd-rw drive from device manager. (Get to device manager by right clicking my computer> properties >hardware>device manager.) Look for any drivers that might have came with your computer. You might have to install the drivers for yourself, if they didnt. Just search the company that makes your cd-rw drive, and they should have drivers up there. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom