Catalyst 4.9 Beta for Doom 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

beedubaya

Golden Master
Right now, I am using the Omega drivers and get fairly good framerates, with an average of about 60 and about 35 during the most intense times. I am wondering if it would be worth it to install Catalyst 4.9 beta, since everybody is saying how its supposed to solve Doom 3 problems. I don't want to go through the hassle of installing this driver if its not going to give me a signifficant improvement. What are your results, and should i download this beta or wait for the full version.

I have heard that the 4.9 drivers are most specific to the x800 , which in your case is a good thing. For any other card they dont improve much. I'd say give it a try.

Also have you tried the unpacking files thing and setting the .cpg (think it this one) file for the ram of your gpu?

I am not to clued up on drivers and things.

Do I first uninstall my old drivers and then install the new ones?

Also, how safe is it to install the 4.9beta
ATI's only got 4.7.

Has anyone had problems with 4.9beta

Yes always , always remove a driver before install one of the same kind.

It is beta for a reason, it may have problems, 4.7 is garunteed stable (for the most part) 4.9 beta came out to help run doom and the next gen graphics a little faster and better, If 4.7 is working fine for you in doom3 stay with it, if not try 4.9 beta. If 4.9 doesnt work for you switch back until 4.9 final is out.

Driver (4.9) is working well on my part. Didn't expect to see a big improvement... But I was impressed.

I'd say upgrade to 4.9 for now, as by the time ATi releases it as a final build, Omega will have released their own version.

I didn't have anything wrong running different games with 4.9 (upgraded from 4.7) either...

I wasnt saying it was a bad driver just not garunteed on all ati chipsets yet. That's all.

i keep getting an error saying "setup was unable to find components that can be installed on your current hardware or software configuration. please make sure you have the required hardware or software" i have ATI mobility radeon 9600/9700 series, could the problem be i am using a laptop? or am i doin summit wrong?
this is when installing or trying to install any updated driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom