Case wires help

Ryo

Solid State Member
Hello. I am in the process of building my 1st computer and I currently have 7 case wires not plugged into the motherboard. They are labeled:
Mic-In
Mic-Out
L-In
L-Out
R-IN
R-Out
Gnd

I am pretty sure that these are the Front Audio connections, however my mobo manual doesn't clearly explain where these should be hooked onto the motherboard. Here is a link to the mobo manual : http://www.chaintech.com.tw/tw/download/9xMB/MPM800.pdf

Also, I was wondering if you even need all these connections such as the JP1, JP6,CN13, and CN26. All of these should be found in the manual, however I am not sure what their exact function is.
In the manual it mentions pins named OC#2, X, NC, and a few others. If you could look at this manual and try to help I would be very grateful
Thank you for your help and your patience with my lack of knowledge.

all right mate i am in the same position and i ant even got a mobo manual lol i got the front usb ports but no mic or headphones :confused:

and i got them wires you just said free so that tell us that they are probliy the microphone and headphone wires ;)

L and R is left and right, for audio connectors! Im trying to look at the mobo manual but its taking ages (the movie downloadin slows things..)
i would imagine L-in and R-in are input cables! the out?? dont know.
Gnd is ground! 0V line. are you sure that doesnt go with one of the usb cables or that???

really.. whatever you plug them into it aint going to damage anything! none of the wires are true voltage lines. so try plugging them in, start with l and r in audio, into the audio headers. the l and r dont really matter. mic in prob goes with ground, for a comparison line. find mic header n plug it in! you aint guna do any damage! so play about!

just dont go plugging a power cable into mic or anything daft!

:D

hope this blab helps!

Back
Top Bottom