Case swap

I also want to add a few expansion cards to the system would they fit into my expansion slots I no nothing about pcie slots apart from you put gpus inside them

I want to add a USB 3.0 card to add a 3.0 header to the system

And also a sata card to support more hdds

I will attach a picture of remaining ports

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Computer Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1484241690261.jpg
    1484241690261.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 1484241741339.jpg
    1484241741339.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 1484241801433.jpg
    1484241801433.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 3
you have two PCI-e slots on your board, and two regular PCI slots. The two cards you linked should fit fine.

Pci being the long white ones and pcie being the small black one and pcie x16 the standard got one

What slots would the cards fit into or are they all compatible with each other

I think those are X1 cards. X1 PCI-e cards can fit into a full sized x16 slot so it doesn't matter which ones they go in. Generally if it fits in the slot it's fine.
PCIe-slots-300x266.gif

Would I be better using any of the ports for a certain card speed reasons as one will contain a USB card and the other will be hdds obviously I want my Hdd access times faster than my USB transfers

Just make sure you get cards that are PCi-e and don't use the PCI slots. Speed depends on the capabilities of the card and number of PCIe lanes that it uses, which you can tell is only 1 lane for those cards. Most likely the speed of any PCIE slots will far outperform any hard drives you're attaching, unless they're some beast SSDs or something.

No they won't be beasts :( standard mechanical drives wd reds or something

So get pcie cards both of the ones I suggested claim to be pcie on. Amazon and use the black ports not the white ones

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom