Case Question

Unknown948

Solid State Member
heres a questions that prolly has a simple answer but ive never done it so i dont know.

How do you go about putting fans on a case, do you have to cut some of the case off?

Im thinking of buying a case with a 450 watt psu but it has no fans so ill buy 10 80 mm ones (i wont use them all but its good to have extras).

So how would i go about doing this?

10 fans is a bit of overkill. IT probably suports around 3-5 fans. As long as the 80mm fans are nice. Then you should be fine.

You wont have to mod anything yourself. All fans are different but it will come with some sort of fasteners (screws, ect ...).

But if you are set on gettting more fans then their are some things you can do.

I have modded an old case for a top fan. How I did it is I used a drill bit to drill holes into the case for the airflow and then 4 other holes to atatch the fan to the case.

yeah i was thinking of only using 4-5 of the fans, the rest were just for when i need them or one breaks and was just wondering if there would be spots for them already

You would have to check you cases specs if you dont already have it.

Mine has room for 4 fans.

Most cases will have room for two in the back and 1 in the front.

Yeh just look inside your case to be honest. Get out your 80mm ruler and it should be obvious where they can go :)

Back
Top Bottom