case fan

You'll get lemons with everything in life mate, just thank your lucky stars it is only a relatively minor and cheap to replace component.

6 months?? warranty??

i dont think the warrenty will be very conveniant since i would have to return the whole barebone and the cost of shipping would be the same as a new fan anyway.

also when putting these fans in how do you know what way the air is going to blow through?

There are arrows moulded into the outside housing of the fan, usually near where the wiring is that show rotation direction and airflow direction, if you can't see any just hook the fan up to you pc and start it up, note the direction of airflow and mark it on the fan with a marker pen, turn the pc back off and mount the fan in the case.

i just spin it with my finger and feel the air .haa

thats the easiest way and it works!!

Some fans have arrows on the side of the casing showing the airflow direction and spin direction. Generally, the air flows in the direction of the frame where the motor is mounted.

If you look at the direction of the fan blades, using a bit of thoughtful physics thinking, and imagining it spinning, you can tell which way the air will go, and so, which way it'd have to be facing to get air out that way.

If you look at the direction of the fan blades, using a bit of thoughtful physics thinking, and imagining it spinning, you can tell which way the air will go, and so, which way it'd have to be facing to get air out that way.

thats how i do it. but some people take the easy route. i think this is easier then pluging it in then unpluging it and then screwing it in

Back
Top Bottom