Case Fan Controlers

woody84

Baseband Member
I have the antec 1200 case
asus mobo (cant remember the model # will look up when I get home)

The 1200 is a great cooling case works great, but I don't need all of those fans running ALL the time, I would like to leave my computer for half a day or let it run all night. But I don't like the idea of all 6 fans running all night just sucking in dust that it dose not need.

I know the CPU / GPU fan are set according to the load. is there a way to hook the case fans up that way as well?

now the fans only have a 4 plug power cord.

Well you have an Asus Mobo that will have some kind of Q-fan function available.

This means that if you plug the fans into the headers on the Mobo Q-fan will adjust the speed of the fans.

They will only speed up when necessary.

(In the winter when my tower was near the back door it would see temperatures near 0 degrees Celsius. I would turn the computer on and the CPU fan would start to spin about 15 seconds after XP is up and running! The chip set fan would start soon after... when things get a little warm.)

EDIT:

Now the fans only have a 4 plug power cord.

With the 4 pin molex your going to have to use a manual controller unless there's an auto controller interface out there.

EDIT:

With the 4 pin molex your going to have to use a manual controller unless there's an auto controller interface out there.

well, the case already has knobs to set the speed on the outside. so I guess I may be SOL then huh? I will try some Googleing for a "auto controller interface"

Back
Top Bottom