Case choice for overclocking

Barrett

In Runtime
Hey everybody. I am tyring to decide what case to buy for my new computer. There are three models I am looking at. One inludes 2 120mm fans(SUPER LANboy) and the other has room for 5 80mm fans (Antec PLUSview). The other is the coolermaster wave master which I'm sure your all familiar with. First I would like to know if you guys think the LANBOY and the Wavemaster would be sufficient for overclocking from 3400 to 3700, or even suitable for overclocking at all. My second question is, is there a big difference between having 2 120mm fans vs. 5 80mm fans. Lastly do you think having 5 fans will be very noisy. Any help comments, or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks

By the way, Fans arnt the way to sucess. Its the way to mass amounts of dust. If your gunna overclock that bad ass 3400 try watercooling. And maybe a nice blow hole at the top, and output fans at back and input at front. The Lanboy looks super tight but i dunno about the other case. Aluminium are the best kinda cases for solving heat issues. Em, im no expert so other please help this guy along :D

I looked at water cooling but the issue is my budget. The computer I'm building is about 2,230 without shipping, a monitor, or speakers, and the monitor and speakers I'm going to buy will add another 700 plus shipping on those.

Ok this is my first system. Over the past month I've basically taught myself everything that I know about computers through internet research and magazines. The computer I'm building may seem a little excessive for my first gaming computer but I want to be able to run HL 2, Doom, and Far Cry at superior levels. Here is my system, some of these components I'm still deciding on.

Case: Antec Plus View 100, Super LANboy, or Coolermaster Wavemaster
Mobo: Still deciding, prob. Asus KV8 Deluxe
Proccessor: AMD 64 3400
RAM: 2 512 OCZ
Hard Drive: 2 36k Western Digital Raptor's in RAID 0
CD-RW: Lite On
Sound Card: Audigy 2ZS
Video Card: nVidia 6800 Ultra
Speakers: Logitech Z-680 (Once I get the money)
Moniter: Planar P1700 17" flat screen (something like that, once I get the money)
Other Crap: Enermax Multi function panel
Thermaltake 480 wt. Power supply
Thermal Grease
Extra Case fans
Case light
Thermaltake CPU cooler
Rounded Cables
* Odering from www.monarchcomputer.com
Could you guys please help me with some decisions. What can I susbstitute from my system to cut down from price but still have a fast rig? Am I being exccessive with my system. Thanks for any help.

Wow... all that money and you wont even have a dvd-rw in that system lol. Anyway... are those hardrives SCSI's? You cant realy cut down the costs, cuz' thats what you want i guess, and for what you want you cant realy get less. That's gunna' fly into the sky, hopefully i'll be there when it lands, ehhehe. But maybe you want to use dealtime.com to try and do some price hunting you may find better deals!

Ill try that web site. I don't want a dvd-rw, I dont watch them on computers, and I want this for strictly gaming.

ok cool cool, dealtimes good well at least dealtime.co.uk but your american :p

errrrr..... actually the western digital raptor hard drives are sata not scsi...... theyre hella expensive too..... but theyre worth it....10,000 rpm and sata too.... the transfer rates are crazy....after all u get what u pay for........

Back
Top Bottom