Cars - 02 Sensor Simulator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikoman69

Daemon Poster
So, i got a 96 jeep cherokee. Straight piped with a flowmaster. Situation im experiancing right now is a constant check engine light and horrible gas mileage ever since i removed the cat. convertor for straight pipe and disconnected that O2 sensor. A friend was telling me about a O2 "dummy" sensor that just plugs into the existing 02 sensor cable and sends a signal to the computer that tells it the cat. convertor is working correctly when in actuality, there is none. I was told by autozone to look online, but Ive been having trouble finding any. Any help?

Sorry but if your PCM is like any other PCM on a dodge it will eventualy throw the code after awhile and go back to what it is doing now. The PCM on dodges atleast in that year range, causes the engine on purpose to burn slightly different every so often so it can check to see if the O2 sensors are putting out the right voltage, I don't know how in the world a dummy would work... Are your sensors 4 wire or two wire? should be four, if it is four, then you would have to fake the exact resistance of the heater element which changes slightly as it gets hotter, and you would also have to fake the output voltage for the sensor going to the PCM to match what the PCM should be seeing.... Might as well do with the bad gas mileage or go back stock and enjoy life.

Well there is such a thing, and it is usually referred to as a MIL eliminator. They typically work great and will keep your A/F in check and you won't get the check engine light.

The problem is the government decided he wants you to have the check engine light on. So they have discontinued the production of them. Sometimes you can still find them used.

Your best bet would be to ask around on the Jeep Forum and see if someone has something laying around
JeepForum.com - Jeep & Off-Road Discussion Community

Now a different route is using what is called a spark plug de-fouler to pull the o2 sensor out of the direct path of exhaust flow. It generally works fine, and the de-fouler can be cheaply purchased at any Autozone, Shucks, etc.

You just have to find one that has the same threads as your o2 sensor. I have a set for my mustang when I decide to switch to an off road mid-pipe with no cats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom