Cards win

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't really matter... this season is in the books. What next season brings, who knows?

With the way teams buy and sell talent, you can't count on anything.

Trotter said:
With the way teams buy and sell talent, you can't count on anything.

This is very, very true. I'm a Met's and Yankee's fan being from the New York area and i've seen this first hand. Look at what happened to the Yankees and Met's this season. The Yankees with their $200 Million payroll and big names galore choked and blew chunks. They ended up with the best Regular Season Record in the AL and were ousted by the tigers pretty easily.

The Met's on the other hand are somewhere in the $120 Million range but they had a nice group of "younger players" and a decent group of "Veterns". Most importantly, they gelled together personality wise EXTREMELY well. Very important to the word, "TEAM". (The same can be said for the Tigers).

This off season, the Yankees will be dumping a few MAJOR players in search of a "better team". And the Met's need to be very, very careful in their off season dealings not to disturb the tight knit group they have from this past season...

So yeah, Buying and Selling can make or break a season or even play-offs.

Being a long time fan of the Braves, I've seen this played out several times over.

They collect a great combination of talent, have a good season or three, then start selling them off.

Oh, and I'm a fan in that I like it when they win, but I don't follow the games.

I want to see ichiro hit .400 batting average.

he was close last season, I think he was like .378 or somthing.

Trotter said:
Being a long time fan of the Braves, I've seen this played out several times over.

They collect a great combination of talent, have a good season or three, then start selling them off.

Oh, and I'm a fan in that I like it when they win, but I don't follow the games.

I love the braves. Fell asleep last night in the 6th though, it sucks trying to watch live baseball in GMT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom