car stereo system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds to me like your "connections" with people aren't the kind of guys I would want to help. I still vote you take it somewhere with a guarantee.

my uncle looked at it and said it wasn't working because the ground for my amp wasn't tight when hooked up to the car. The ground wire came loose. I was tightening it yesterday and I heard vibrations coming from my Sub which wasn't working at all. I hooked up the ground wire today, but now i have to start my car to see if everything works. For some reason the battery is charged but my car won't turn over. I even checked the battery with a battery tester. I am starting to think that the alternator is shot which I will know for sure when I start driving it.

couple questions

what kind of car do you have?
what year/ how old?
what kind of condition is it in?
were you the original owner or did you buy it used from somewhere?

starter sylenoid maybe?

how exactly do you "jump start it"?

are you talking like the batt dies, or even under a full charge you have to jimmy some wires to get the starter going?

I use my battery charger and set that for engine start and wait about 5 minutes. The battery holds a charge and the volt meter I left on overnight read 11.84v which is normal.

what kind of car do you have? Acura Legend
what year/ how old? 1990/ 18 years old
what kind of condition is it in? Great condition
were you the original owner or did you buy it used from somewhere?

My parents took money out of my account 2 years ago and bought the acura used. Then they drove it, and didn't feel like getting it inspected cause it needed breaks, a muffler, ect. So since I bought it they asked me what I wanted to do with it, so i decided to fix it up to drive when i get my license.

I heard that the more cars sit the more problems they have. I heard that if they are on the road almost all the time they don't have as many issues/problems.

I would suggest selling the Jensen equipment, and get something a little bit higher quality. (unless there has been some kind of shift in the quality of their components in the past 5-6 years.....). I had (still have in the garage) 2 Jensen amps, and they weren't very good.... Actually, bought 2, BOTH were DOA, and to take them back, and then one of THOSE was DOA.... lol.

Yeah, but they just weren't of good quality... They sufficed for a short while, but I eventually took them out, and went stock.... it was that bad.

I would suggest selling the Jensen equipment, and get something a little bit higher quality. (unless there has been some kind of shift in the quality of their components in the past 5-6 years.....). I had (still have in the garage) 2 Jensen amps, and they weren't very good.... Actually, bought 2, BOTH were DOA, and to take them back, and then one of THOSE was DOA.... lol.

Yeah, but they just weren't of good quality... They sufficed for a short while, but I eventually took them out, and went stock.... it was that bad.

That is bad when you have to go back to stock. My jensen sub is good though. My friend had the bass/volume up that loud that the hair on my head was standing up. Anyway it was excellent quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom