car stereo and mp3?

mammikoura

Golden Master
So can normal car stereos play songs in mp3 files? I'm guessing that they can't, so then what kinda files can they play and what program could I use to convert mp3 to the other file type?

Most of the modern car steroes have the capacity to play MP3, WMA, and AAC3 if you burn them to CD.

Some of the newer ones have the capability to have a direct line from your Mp3 player and select the music from the front face

stereo's that don't have mp3 support can play mp3 files if you burn them in audio format, which is like a regular cd. wmp or musicmatch or winamp I'm sure could handle this, and you can only put like 12 songs on a cd like normal. if you get one with mp3 support you can have like around 150 songs on a cd.

You can also get the accessory for an iPod (if you have one) that transmits either directly to your car or to your stereo (I think there is both).

Bahawolf said:
You can also get the accessory for an iPod (if you have one) that transmits either directly to your car or to your stereo (I think there is both).

Yeah the itrip or something like that it broadcasts a low power FM signal, and you tune your car radio into it.

Its illegal over in the UK, as it falls into pirate radio laws, but loads of people have them.

Tommy Boy said:
stereo's that don't have mp3 support can play mp3 files if you burn them in audio format, which is like a regular cd. wmp or musicmatch or winamp I'm sure could handle this, and you can only put like 12 songs on a cd like normal. if you get one with mp3 support you can have like around 150 songs on a cd.

Thanks I'll give it a try someday.

Bahawolf said:
it is called iTrip

Yeah but you can get other ones that arent associated with ipod. Ive got one, its illegal in the UK though, because all you would have to is somehow boost the signal, plug a microphone into it, then bam, you got pirate radio going.

Some do, some don't. Most newer ones can, and if it can't burn the music as an audio CD. If you burn the CD using iTunes, it makes it into the audioCD format automatically.

Back
Top Bottom