Car Radar

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this thread earlier and ALMOST made a rant about just not being in such a hurry, but then i thought back to how i drove my first couple years with a license and hit the back button. These days i'm just never in that big of a hurry that speeding is going to get me there any faster. With a 4 mile commute, i might shave 1-2 minutes off...woo.

But if you are going to do it, spend the money and get the one that goes in your bumpers/doors and is actually in your gauge cluster. If you do end up getting pulled over and have a radar detector, you can guarantee you'll get the ticket, and if the cop is a real richard, you could get bonus points because he knows you were avoiding.

Also, just having a fast car doesnt mean you have to go retarded with it. My current car has a 6 speed with 180hp turbo, not a rocket by any means, but it is meant for the autobahn and i've had it up to 125, but its called restraint.

Sorry, i'll go back to my rocking chair on my porch now.

well it would be nice if i got a link to a certain one... and thanks for your advice
this is a 200hp v6...so is pretty powerful.
im a safe driver and i know not to go all crazy...

Fair enough, just be careful dude dont wreck the beauty.
well thanks for the concern rican!

Check your local laws. I know that here in NY a rader can be used in any vechicle under 10K pounds. So you have to study your local law to see if they are legal or not.

Plus getting a cheap one will be just that cheap. You have to spend money to have it be useful. I spent well over $300 on mine when i got it about 10 years ago it still saves me to this day.

well it would be nice if i got a link to a certain one... and thanks for your advice
this is a 200hp v6...so is pretty powerful.
im a safe driver and i know not to go all crazy...

Its a decent engine, but stock its not as powerful as you think.

Now get some headers and a full exhaust system, plus a stage 1 turbo and youll see 350+ horses.

2JZ, 1000hp and it will run mid 11's. :D lol, other than the insane boost lag on a supra they are amazing platforms.

Anyway, like others have said. If you are going to invest in a radar detector don't skimp. Because if it doesn't work and you get pulled over, he sees it there will be a 0.0001% chance he will "go easy" on you.

hah, guys ..i think the car ill get has enough power for my needs...id ont wanna get into racing, cant risk loosing my job!
But thats for all the suggestions, ill keep them in mind plus ill look into my state laws.

MUCH GRACIAS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom