car of the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.

molsen

Do work.
its a few years old, but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry6w3mRm-FM

not the RX-7 at the beginning....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sure it's limited to a 20º F startup operating temperature, and the slow trickle of water from the tailpipe could be a disaster if they do figure a way to make it work in freezing conditions. but it's still 10-20 years away from production. every major auto company in the world has a hydrogen fuel cell development program.....maybe someone will figure it out.

anyways, it's been a while since we've discussed alternative fuels here. so what are your thoughts? ethanol? hydrogen? other biofuels?

it'd be nice to have an intelligent, OBJECTIVE, discussion on the future of our energy needs. hopefully without politics and flaming.

bmw made a liable hydrogen fuel cell car that reached over 300kmph. Germany also has nearly enough hydrogen stations to start mass production, I think at the moment thats the only thing stopping hydrogen from reaching the market.

there are a number of minor limiting factors that sorta add up at this point, but they're slowly being worked around.

one problem is the amount of energy it takes to create hydrogen. it would cause more pollution to make hydrogen than using hydrogen would cut in pollution. but now, it's about even....and soon it'll be able to offset.

ya i've seen this a while ago, pretty neat.

oh and at the beginning its an rx8, not 7.

omg that car is soo ugly. I cant wait for hydrogen cars, cus im getting tired of paying $2.50/gal plus at the gas station, and only getting 20mpg.

yea, it is pretty ugly. and i'm sure that car is EXTREMELY unsafe. all that glass plus a few bolts attaching the body to the frame = bad idea. but it's still a cool concept a long ways from production.

well im sure gm wouldnt put out a vehicle that isnt safe. But i see absolutely no place where a air bag would fit into.

cus im getting tired of paying $2.50/gal plus at the gas station, and only getting 20mpg
Psht, better than $3.30 that's up here.

well im sure gm wouldnt put out a vehicle that isnt safe. But i see absolutely no place where a air bag would fit into.
Haven't you ever seen demolition man? The whole car will just fill with suds that protect you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom