Car Mods

freestyler105

Golden Master
Well, I know some of you guys are into cars and such, and me and a buddy of mine were arguing about modding cars. Basically, I'd like a brief explanation of the pros, cons, and legality of the following things:
- Superchargers
- Turbochargers
- Nitrous
- Cold Air Intakes

I read a little bit about all of those, I understand what they do, but I haven't gotten a good explanation of the cost, performance gains, reliability, effects on the car/engine, etc.

Also, Happy New Year everyone!! Get off these forums and hit up a party guys!!!!!!!!

Lets keep this simple.

Both superchargers, and turbo's will make your car accelerate faster.

I personally like the whine of the supercharger + the growl of the cold air intake.

Cold are is really just a mod to show off with, its not performance prone, I dont beleive. Ask TRD he knows his shit on this topic..

And Nitrous is just stupid. Sure, its cool to say you have a bottle, but unless your street racing (and even then id take a twin turbo + cold air over nos) its pointless. And even then you have to keep refilling the bottle and just expensive and just idk pointless.

Im just talking from the little things I have gathered while being at meets with my brother and his Honda Civic SI card club. (ephatch.com). but yeah.. I dont know anything like TRD.

Thanks ArrizX, anyone know how much these things cost for a decent one and the approximate performance gains?

freestyler105 said:
Well, I know some of you guys are into cars and such, and me and a buddy of mine were arguing about modding cars. Basically, I'd like a brief explanation of the pros, cons, and legality of the following things:
- Superchargers
- Turbochargers
- Nitrous
- Cold Air Intakes

I read a little bit about all of those, I understand what they do, but I haven't gotten a good explanation of the cost, performance gains, reliability, effects on the car/engine, etc.

Also, Happy New Year everyone!! Get off these forums and hit up a party guys!!!!!!!!

Basically, super chargers and turbo chargers all fall under Forced Induction aka FI..Basically a turbo is a metal cylinder that you put on your engine, it sucks more air into the engine, which burns more fuel, meaning more hp..The turbo uses the exhaust air to move the fan (I believe)..Superchargers are the same thing, but instead of using the exhaust to move the fan to get air into the engine, I think they use one of the pistons (I believe)...There is also twin turbo, which is basically 2 turbos...Aka TT..None of them are really safe, require money, but if you're into cars its well worth it..

Intake is just for noise, its really a ricer mod I guess..It gives the car a nice growl, basically the intake brings cold air into the engine, cold air equals denser air, which means more fuel gets burned, but it doesnt make a difference on most cars..Some cars can get a few hp's off it, but depends..

Nos is not worth it at all, unless you go to the drag strip.."babys use a bottle" ..Most people prefer throttle over the bottle, only because nos has to be filled up over and over...and really its stupid, deciding when to blow and it and when not to..

Depends on your car, for tt or trubo or SC you're gona drop atleast 4k easy..It really goes on your car.

Here is a turbo..

bmwturbine1.jpg

Twin turbo is basically two of them..

And then a SC

supercharger.jpg

even though im drunk and dont feel like giving an explanation for what im about to say, i'll say it anyways. hit me up another time for details. anyhow, everyone so far who has responded, you are retarded. you apparently don't know much about cars, but thats OK because shit, this is a computer forum, not a car forum.

wsigo said:
even though im drunk and dont feel like giving an explanation for what im about to say, i'll say it anyways. hit me up another time for details. anyhow, everyone so far who has responded, you are retarded. you apparently don't know much about cars, but thats OK because shit, this is a computer forum, not a car forum.
alrighty then

bullshit cold air intakes offer no performance increase, i got 7 more horsepower from replacing my stock intake with a cold air intake. 7 hp, plus a noticeable acceleration increase in the high end rpms, for $25 and about20 minutes of install is a bargain.

wsigo said:

I am retarted when it comes to cars. Thanks for pointing out what I already knew, and made apparent to everyone here.

Fuckin drunks. LOL

Back
Top Bottom