Car karma.

There's no alignment to do on a Mustang's solid rear axle.

That is definitely from loss of traction/skidding.
My front tires didn't line up with my rears causing a bad alignment issue for the rear. I have burned out a lot since I put new tires in the back and fixed the front and haven't even gotten close to the wear on that tire. But to be fair I've only put 3000 miles on my car in the past year. It's been sitting a lot.

Edit: Also to mention, most of the damage was done from rubbing the sway bar when I turned hard due to the larger tire being in front. The alignment made it a lot worse after about 300 miles.

Last edited:
It seems to me that there's a major alignment issue I bet caused by a bad ball joint. When you are changeling the tire and its off the ground grab the wheel somewhere solid at the top and bottom and pull on it with one hand and push with the other if it feels at all like there is any wiggle at all then you got a bearing or ball joint that's toast and if it has any play with the wheel bolted on then don't drive far cause the new tire will look like yours now in 50 miles or so. Also I assume the other tire on the front is not screed up like the other then that's a sign of at least being way out of alignment so I'd go back to the retard mechanic and get the shop to pay for the repairs, u can threaten legal action due to improper inspection and I bet they'll pay up. But I do a lot of car repairs for fun and you don't get one front tire shredded like that without the other being equally as bad without an issue causing misalignment. My email is andyembry17@gmail.com if you need anymore advice about who's liable and there's a thing called a lemon law in certain states that I bet you can try to take action on who ever sold and worked on your vehicle

I didn't read the original post very good if it was a wide tire for the rear only then actually it might be OK but I'd at least call your mechanic and go off about the tire being mounted on the front he should have seen that it was to wide so I would try and make him pay something.

There is nothing to do really because the car was as is. I bought it from VIP Finance off CL for 1200 bucks. I'm just lucky that this car only had a few problems when I got it rather than being a complete turd.
The alignment is completely off and causes the car to shake bad going down the road. The issue with the tire in the OP was the fact that the front wheels sit too far to the right compared to the rear tires. When making a hard right turn it caused the wider rear tire in front to rub the sway bar each time. I only drove about 40 miles with it that way but it started the damage. When I got home and noticed the issue I swapped the tires and the front problem was resolved but I drove another 400 miles or so moving to our new apartment that way and it caused the tire to look like that picture in the OP.

I have had 4 different tires on my car for almost a year now with no issues besides usual wear and tear. I have only put 4k miles on the car since it sat for 6 months but I can tell due to the bad alignment that the tires are wearing more quickly than they should. The issue will be resolved once I get an alignment done on the car but I haven't done this as I want to replace all 4 shocks first.

Back
Top Bottom