Car karma.

PP Mguire

Build Guru
So as everybody knows, when I bought my car 2 months ago I dumped the clutch too much and just recently had to replace the throw out bearing (and all parts associated) which cost me over 300. Well, also when I bought the car the retard mechanic there put a tire too big on the front of my car causing it to rub the sway bar on the ride home. After noticing it, I had to immediately put it in the back where it belonged. Damage to the tire was actually minimal and so I have driven some on it (less than 100 miles for sure) thinking it would be ok until I could get a new one. Ride to Walmart here and there should be fine. I was going to ride to Venus today and stay at a friends house so I could use his flat concrete driveway and air compressor to check out my front end. Need to make sure there are no more surprises as there is a slight rattling coming from the front. I head out there and immediately see this piece of crap.

20120604_191113.jpg

I have a full size spare in the trunk but no jack and I also realized it was almost completely flat. Can't drive on it like this because it's a disaster waiting to happen.
banghead.gif
banghead.gif

That's what happens when a tire is pressed into or rubbed on at speed in that manor. Though if it's a performance tire, that doesn't surprise me, the tread tends to be VERY SOFT, and the grooves get CLOSE to the belt of the tire. Also, fix your strut.

That's what happens when a tire is pressed into or rubbed on at speed in that manor. Though if it's a performance tire, that doesn't surprise me, the tread tends to be VERY SOFT, and the grooves get CLOSE to the belt of the tire. Also, fix your strut.
Already said on the FB picture I need new struts.

Tomorrow I'm getting a free used tire. I feel much better now.

That sucks. Reminds me of when me and my dad went halfs on some expensive new off road tires for his Land Rover Discovery 4x4. We fitted them, went to the welsh mountains the next day, drove through a deep puddle. We get out the puddle and hear loud hissing sound. Both left tyres totally slashed, flat within seconds. Examine said puddle, solid steel pointed pipe sticking outside the side of the soil 6 inches under water. I was so ****ed because I had saved up for ages.

Fortunately we were with 5 other Defenders/Discoverys with plenty of spare tires.

That sucks. Reminds me of when me and my dad went halfs on some expensive new off road tires for his Land Rover Discovery 4x4. We fitted them, went to the welsh mountains the next day, drove through a deep puddle. We get out the puddle and hear loud hissing sound. Both left tyres totally slashed, flat within seconds. Examine said puddle, solid steel pointed pipe sticking outside the side of the soil 6 inches under water. I was so ****ed because I had saved up for ages.

Fortunately we were with 5 other Defenders/Discoverys with plenty of spare tires.
That's pretty boss if they gave you extra tires. Off road tires are not cheap at all.

Honestly that looks like an alignment issue. Also, judging from the center of the tire, it was run with waaaay too much air pressure for a while.

There's no alignment to do on a Mustang's solid rear axle.

That is definitely from loss of traction/skidding.

Back
Top Bottom