car gurus:

Yeah it is. There's lots of names for it depending on who you buy a car from.

I thought CVT was when there is a variable gear ratio that can change depending on the conditions.

is CVT
(continously variable transmission) the kind where you can switch between manual and automatic?
http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMNA/jsp/lancer/08/index.do?loc=en-us

no I believe CVT is the system where you have two cones facing in opposite directions and a belt run between then. The belt is then moved from one end to the other to change gear ratios which means that instead of having 5/6 gears you can potentialy have unlimited and ofcourse there is not need for a clutch to change gear

no I believe CVT is the system where you have two cones facing in opposite directions and a belt run between then. The belt is then moved from one end to the other to change gear ratios which means that instead of having 5/6 gears you can potentialy have unlimited and ofcourse there is not need for a clutch to change gear

bingo. It's pretty cool because you never feel the car shift. It's just a continuous acceleration.

in case you need the extra power. You can override the transmission with the paddle shifters.

Back
Top Bottom