car engine swap question

OK,

with regards turbos, and intercoolers.

if there is a turbo the air will heat up, not least because of the hot gasses that surround the turbo unit, but also because compressing air makes it hotter...

the reason that you don't want the air to be hot is because cold air is more dense, more dense air = more oxygen...

ideally you want cold, (dense) air to be compressed to that there is even more oxygen in the air...

the more air there is the more the mass sensor likes it, and the more fuel it adds to the mix.

ideally all turbo charged cars also should have an intercooler.

i was wondering if it is possible to take a dodge car like a stratus for instance, which has around a 2-2.4L engine and swap it out with something like this:
http://www.autoguide.net/apf/dodge-car_engines/mop_360rlb_2.html
i no quite a bit about cars and if i wanted i have the people around to help me, but i was wondering if it would take really heavy modification or not to get it in, if it could even go in. like i said i no about but i don't no a whole lot, so please don't flip out and call me stupid :)

thanks

p.s its great to be back :)

NO

well, getting an intercooler is no prblem at all
(http://www.andysautosport.com/dodge.../turbos_and_superchargers/intercoolers/blitz/)
the turbo itself is the problem, anyone no of any good parts sites that i can check out prices at?

and isn't the turbo/supercharger located on the bottom and the intake at the top? according to this site i can either go with a cold air or a short ram instake. what would be better on this particular car? especially if i added a turbo or supercharger?

Turbos will go on the exhaust manifoldd. Supercharger will replace the current intake manifold, bolts onto the top of the engine. Super charger will add like 50-100 horsepower maybe. Turbo can add a lot more depending on what all you want to do. Dont do it too a stratus though. Stratus is not a car for this.

No point in having a whole lotta power.
"Whats the difference between a 1000hp Supra and a 500hp supra?" "Nothing, they both run 12s"

In your case, its kinda like the SRT-4, Its got power... But... It's still just a neon.

So, if I were you, I would get something that is already fast with a V8, or a turbo 4, and get rid of the stratus.

^^like what? and im only in the market for northamerican (the big three and all the companies they own like pontiac)

and remeber im ony a student which = low wage

In your case, its kinda like the SRT-4, Its got power... But... It's still just a neon.

I hate sayings like this. A fast car is a fast car. Speed is relative, but it's put up or shut up if you're racing for respect. Insults like these are for people who can't drive.

Seriously though, join a stratus forum. There are people there who specialize in those cars and will know how to guide you in the best direction. All we can do here is guess all day about this stuff.

Usually low wage and boost don't mix. You gotta throw down upwards of $3-4k to get the parts, more if you have them installed, and more for maintenance and stuff breaking down the road.

that wont be a problem^^. i plan on bying the parts little by little to make a nice car that runs well, and that i like, that is why i want a manual, i like them over the autos. im thinking the pontiac sunfire might be an okay car too but i think it would be worse on insurance...

This is going to cost a lot. 3K+ most likely. You can buy the little by little, but they have to go on at once.

personally this guy is in dreamland you can't do what you wanna do with the car you wanna do it with.
cut your losses and buy a rice rocket

I hate sayings like this. A fast car is a fast car. Speed is relative, but it's put up or shut up if you're racing for respect. Insults like these are for people who can't drive.

Finally, someone in the car world that actually has a brain.

Back
Top Bottom