Car dent

Spec

Fully Optimized
so... i have a few questions, if i go to the auto repair shop its gonna cost about 1000 dollars and probably go on insurance or so..but i have a buckle over my right tire fender (rear ending someone) and the bumper is dented... could i use the "Hair dryer / Airduster" technique? And about the buckle...its not terrible, but you can notice it... its on the right fender because the bumper is pushed back a little bit..any help?

The air duster / hair dryer technique will work depending on the location of the dent. If its over the frame anywhere or near a natural crease in the body (you said near the tire fender, I'm wondering if that was made creased over, but I don't know without seeing it.)

I have a rather large dent on my passenger door and I tried air duster and a blow torch. It popped out some, but where there is a crease in the actual design of the truck, I wasn't able to pop it back out all the way.

I tried that hair dryer/air duster technique. It doesn't work. Can you remove the inner fender wall and pop it out at all? Your only choice may be too go through insurance and pay the 1000. What kind of car is it? Might be able to replace the fender yourself and fix it up yourself...

well ill look for a picture later..but its not really creased, although the fender is creased, and to remove buckles i hear they have to cut out the metal, and replace it... so i have no idea currently... i really hope i can find a rubber mallet somewhere

We talked and I think he is just going to replace his bumper and try to hammer out the ruffles. Although metal waves are tough as hell to fix. Especially on a Tacoma those things are build with lower gauge metal then most vehicles so if a dent is there its probably going to stay unless fixed right. The metal is just to thick to hammer out well.

agreed...hey koby you know of anyone who has got a 3-speed standard manual transmission layin around :p for my 53' chevy.

Put a 4 speed O/D in it. I bet 3rd was 1:1, right? O/D will help with mileage on the highway.

ill have to replace all the gears and the mainshaft though. Looking to do a project with me and my dad sometime this summer after i graduate, but only a week long project.

were also going to have to pull the gas tank because its been sitting for so long and the varnish probably has built up quite a bit... probably need to replace fuel lines too.

Back
Top Bottom