Car computer

RussianBear

Beta member
im building a new pc possibly a shuttle pc or maybe a lap top, how can i connect it to the car? do i need some kind of converter?

I doubt on the shuttle part, but if you got a laptop you get cigerette lighters or in some new fords (ford focus's etc) they have special power outlets, contact ford for cables!

There are power inverters that you could get. They convert the car's 12 volt DC to 110v AC. I'm trying to figure out a more effeicient way to do this, however, seeing as computers RUN off DC.

As for laptops, you don't really need a converter, or I didn't for an old one. If it's 12 volt DC, you should be able to plug it right into a cigaret lighter or off the battery. Don't try this without researching it though cause I don't know how different newer laptops are to my old 486 ;P

my sister just bought a 2005 chevy eqwuonox i cannt spell fo shit, well anyhow id like to build her a pc she can have with her, i hate laptops caz they are damn slow my budget is $1000 id like a a small form factor pc like a fragbox or somethin. i need a solution fast caz shes about to buy this laptop with 128 ram and 20 gig hd from bestbuy. fuckin crazy.

your best getting a laptop.....unless she wants too hunk around a keyboard and mouse......a tft monitor rigged up to her car.....lol

o_o thats kina cool.... doncha tink?? unless shes the driver...

russianBear's sister - *driving* OH DAMN I NEED TO KILL THE ZOMBIE
Cop - *cop pulls her over* aww ur not black, but still BUSTED FOR SPEEDING
russianbear's sister - SHUT UP IM ABOUT TO BEAT DOOM 3 NOW GO SCURRY ALONG NOW!

Back
Top Bottom