Car Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get off my *** molsen. I'm simply answering the dudes questions with the information that I have obtained from numerous car audio forums and set-ups.
sorry man. you said it usually messes up the soundstage, making the music sound distorted. replacing the rear fill speakers does mess up the soundstage sometimes, but all you have to is adjust the fade. and never does it make the music sound distorted unless you've just done something retarded.

you just made it sound as if it was inevitable he would screw things up if he changed the rear speakers.....i'd rather encourage him to try it out

No its not that. I just know that starting out in car audio, it can be intimidating and if you don't know what you are doing, you can make mistakes.

My only dealings with car audio is when it comes to SPL, I have issues getting good SQ because it cost's a LOT of money to get great SQ in a car, vibrations and noises from things rattling... Gets rather expensive after awhile. If you want some good bass, I think a single 10 inch L5 or L7 kicker would be good, get a GOOD quality amp, something from Rockford Fosgate or Kicker, or JBL... Don't get ANYTHING from walmart unless you wanna go cheap and have crappy sounding bass and mids. BTW, look for an amp that has an option to install a controller up front so you can change the gain and such from up front, that way, you can turn it just right depending on the music.

I beg to differ, they sell decent subs, decks, and amps. Mainly the sony xplod series for subs, i heard a box of the new sonys (the black ones) and compared them to equal priced rockfords and the sonys blew em out the water.

You can get a decent system built from walmart, just make sure everything is properly grounded/connected and a good capacitor is used, along with an optima battery. Some of my fav brands would be sony, rockford, mtx, audiobahn, and orion. For midrange, i know infinity and polk make some high quality speakers. Apline is good for decks, and of course pioneer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom