Car audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crysalis

Systems Engineer
Just wondering if anyone is into car audio or has upgraded their cars speakers themselves. Anybody?

I bought myself some speakers for my b-day. :p More toys

Hmm well i have some shitty $15 speakers in my car. still better than the stock BMW ones.

I have a $150 head unit that puts 45W out each channel no amp or anything. least it plays mp3 cds :)

i upgraded mine myself. it wasn't too difficult. i would recommend either picking up a Hayne's manual for your car if you don't know how to get to the speakers (usually requires door panel removal) or just google it.

I opted for the Kenwood http://www.cardomain.com/item/KENKFCC1739IE?vq_id=none because my car required 7" speakers, and not many manufacturers make that size for a decent price. they sound pretty decent. not the best, but a huge upgrade from stock nonetheless.

oh and happy birthday

I've got a 500 watt SoundStorm amp and a 300 watt Optimus 8" tube subwoofer.
Nothing special, but it sure makes the factory system sound alot better.

I'm looking at upgrading though. I just need to find a head unit that I like and I'll go from there.

molsen said:
i upgraded mine myself. it wasn't too difficult. i would recommend either picking up a Hayne's manual for your car if you don't know how to get to the speakers (usually requires door panel removal) or just google it.

oh and happy birthday

Thanks... pretty laid back day. Went out to dinner with family and that was about it.

I bought a haynes book as soon as i bought my car. I know how to change them... just wondering who else does car audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom