Capturing VHS ( video but NO sound)

Status
Not open for further replies.

weswes

In Runtime
hi there , am new into captruing videos to my pc , and am having a shity problem ,

I got MSI - GF- 4 Ti4800 , P4 1.7 ghz ..am using both : WinXP movie maker & Ulead video studio to do my capture .

My problem is ,

The resolution of the captured video is too low , any thing i can do to enhance it ?

I selected to capture both ( Video & Audio ) but what am getting is only video NOOOOOO sound at all ??!!
Just to make myself clear that how i made my connections :

I connected the S-video cable to my handycam & to my VGA card , and i connected the audio cable ( composite cables ) one end to my VGA and the other to my handycam , but NOO sound.

Second i used the line in cable to my sound card & and still connected with my handycam , but still no sound ???
i really dont know wat to do know ??

Could anyone help plz.....

Cheers...

The resolution of the captured video is too low , any thing i can do to enhance it?

You should be able to adjust the settings in either Movie Maker or Video Studio - be aware that the higher quality settings will eat your hard drive space faster. Also, you will not get any better quality than the original.

I selected to capture both ( Video & Audio ) but what am getting is only video NOOOOOO sound at all ??!!

Your Audio Output from the Camera should connect to the line-in of the soundcard (you will probably need an RCA to 1/8" adaptor). When you set the software to capture Audio and Video, make sure the source for the Audio is the soundcard.

Hope this helps and good luck!!

hey guys....

i figured it up...yep i connected the line in to my sound card , and every thing is working fine....

Thanks for advice dave...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom