Can't view HTML files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it just that file or all html files? How are you getting to this page? Can you paste attach the file so we can have a look at it?

ZeroX said:
there's nothing really to learn.

it's not that different.

give it a shot.

Sure!
But let me sort this problem out first
so that I learn something out of it.

while I agree that firefox owns the borwser world (please lets not start a flame war) I think that there are people that just don't have the tech skills needed to make the switch. We techs love it and find it really easy...cause we are techs and this stuff is easy for us. My wife is a godd example. I have shown her all the reasons ff is better, she just doesn't want to use it cause it looks different that what she is used to, so I locked down ie and let he use it.

As for the ie issue Sevenor can you answer my previous question please?

Re: Re: Can't view HTML files.

popey said:
Sounds like it may be a problem with file associations, check in folder options for htm, html, HTM, HTML and shtml and see if IE is still associated. If not, create.
Thx very much Popey for your suggestion.

I've checked in Folder Options -> File Types for HTM, HTML extensions and IE is in fact still associated with them. No shtml extension was found, so I created one as suggested and associated it with IE.

(However, the system recognised htm and html extensions as the same with HTM and HTML ones. Therefore, I couldn't create them without replacing the HTM and HTML extensions which were already there.)

Anyway, after doing all the above I then tried to open one HTML Document which I know for sure is ok (since I had tested it on another pc) but it still failed to play.

By the way, if I'm not mistaken, the HTML file that I wanted to view is actually only a link to a video clip saved on a website's server. The file size is only 2kb.

Really appreciate to all of you who take the trouble to reply/help.
Thx a lot!

daappleby said:
is it just that file or all html files? How are you getting to this page? Can you paste attach the file so we can have a look at it?

Only those html files that link to websites for downloading video clips are giving me the headache. No problem with text only html files. Likewise, I have no problem with all the other types of files.

I found that I couldn't attach those files cos this forum does not accept such attachment. I've tried copy and paste method but also failed cos the word "paste" is greyed out in the menu when I right-clicked on this page.

Can you pls show me the correct method to do it?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom