can't tell if it has agp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quintox

Daemon Poster
how can i tell if a laptop has an AGP slot or not? we just bought one for college, and even though gaming isnt a main priority, i'd like to find out if the laptop has agp slot....hp.com doesnt help, and i cant find the product specs anywhere

is there a way to tell (besides opening the computer) if there is an agp slot? i mean anywhere to go under control panel or whatever

thanks

btw: its an HP pavilion dv1217us

It's a laptop. I'm not sure what the interface is, but I think that cards are onboard. Although, if it dosent suck it will prolly have an AGP slot.

Re:

Hello,

Laptops don't have Advanced Graphics Ports. Almost all laptops have thier Graphics Porcessing Unit integrated onto the motherboard.

However, there is a new technology developed by nvidia called the MXM Graphics Module. Before MXM, there was no graphics port standard for laptops, allowing you to use interchangeable GPUs.

Laptops with MXM allow the GPU to be changed, as easy as changing SODIMMs in a laptop. It's a revolutionary port designed to apply greater flexibility in laptop upgradeability.

Re: Re:

Alvin.C said:
Hello,

Laptops don't have Advanced Graphics Ports. Almost all laptops have thier Graphics Porcessing Unit integrated onto the motherboard.

However, there is a new technology developed by nvidia called the MXM Graphics Module. Before MXM, there was no graphics port standard for laptops, allowing you to use interchangeable GPUs.

Laptops with MXM allow the GPU to be changed, as easy as changing SODIMMs in a laptop. It's a revolutionary port designed to apply greater flexibility in laptop upgradeability.

so what does this mean for me? lol

the laptop is very new, just got it today

Why do you want to know if it has one? If you got it today, just be rest assured that it dosent suck.

no laptop has an agp slot, no way it would fit. laptops aren't made to be upgradeable like that some have separate graphics cards but its a different slot system than normal pcs.

Quintox said:
how can i tell if a laptop has an AGP slot or not?
Not for a standard vidio card.....

Laptop come with onboard Video Cards. And NO, you can not change them.

NUFF SED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom