cant reinstall xp! help needed fast!!!!

unisole187

Solid State Member
one day i looked on my computer icon and opened it and my dvd and cd drives were gone, so i went in device manager and i seen them both listed there with a yellow sign infront of them, so i went on troubleshoot and it sed uninstall them and then when you do that it should say found new hardware, so i uninstalled them, but no hardware icon appeared, so now there not in device manager eitha!?

And i need to reinstall xp on my computer again, but i dont think i can because my dvd and cd drives dont work!

Can someone help me as i need to reinstall xp today ;D

Thanks

Rob

ok lets try a few other things before u do that, click start - all programs then go to windows update then click custom see if there are any hardware updates for the drives, if not then go online and go to the manufacturers website and get the drivers from there, let me know how it goes

Validation Failure: Product Key Failed Validation :(

My cd/dvd drive is samsung, and the one above that is no make one its just a dvd+ReWritable :(

illegal windows bad! lol anyway try this, right click my compuer then click properties - hardware - device manager - then right click on the drives and click update driver see if that works

so they dont show up in windows at all? not in the device manager or my computer? well if thats the case make sure they show up in the bios first, then u'll have to find the drivers online

Ok, let's see....To me, it looks like Windows is corrupting...reinstall Windows, even if it's bad! You might as well work with the lappy than having issues...didn't the manufacturer was supposed to send you a Windows copy?

there both in device manager with a yellow sign infront of the dvd and the cd, ive highlighted both devices and search for the drivers, my results are that it cant find a better driver than i already have. also when i uninstall both and restart my pc new hardware appears but nothing happens it doesn't search for drivers.

Any suggestions would be appresiated

help help help

your gona have to find the drivers online, download a program called everest (google it and u will find it) then find out what model u have and so on the go on the manufacturers website and get the drivers

Back
Top Bottom