Can't play HL2/CS:S all of a sudden.

Dishdog

Fully Optimized
Well I was playing HL2 thursday at lunch and everything work fine. Friday at lunch I went to play and steam began to update. I let it and then I went to play. On HL2, CS:S, and HL2 deathmatch it loads the game but when the menus are susposed to come up they don't. like in HL2 the new game, load game... doesn't come up. So i figured maybe my drivers needed to be updated, I updated them and nothing. So i uninstalled steam thinking that maybe the the updates didn't download right. After i reinstalled steam I still get this crap.

Did anybody else get this update?
Is the HL2 games working for everybody else?
Anything else I forgot to try?

I don't fell like signing up to the steam forums yet so i want to try and fix it here first,lol.

My specs are in my sig, and the driver i'm using is 78.01.

I had the same problem today. Do you have Zone Alarm installed? Rebooted the dang thing three times before I finally realized it was the annoying popup window from Zone Alarm asking for permission to allow this program to something. I couldn't see the popup window because it was running behind the game, and when I minimized to the desktop so did the window. Problem is that with the new update, clicking once wasn't enough, it asked me four times!

i have Mcafee firewall so it might be doing the same thing. i'll check now.

<edit>Yep that was the problem thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom