Can't open PSD “unexpected end of file” error

RichardKellyy

Beta member
Hi,
I have a PSD file that was sent to me using FTP. Unfortunately, the last bit appears to be corrupt or missing as when opening it in PS CS2 it gives the error “unexpected end of file”.
The problem is the guy deleted the file after uploading it…
Is there any way to recover it, even if the last part of the image is damaged but get most of it?
(Free tools if possible)
Many Thanks!

If the file has missing data it is likely that it would be missing elements from the document. See if he has it in his recycle bin or if he has volume shadow copy service running to check for previous versions of the file he deleted. That is likely your best shot.

In the future I recommend a cloud based solution like Dropbox for those kinds of transfers

What version was it created in? If it was made in a newer version, and it's trying to be opened in CS2...that could be a problem if backwards compatibility wasn't enabled on the saving end.

@iParanormal: nothing wrong with FTP ;)

I still occasionally get corrupt files shared via dropbox, though I have a feeling in these cases it's when teh CEO drags the file into his shared folder then closes his laptop and wonders why it's not working :p

That said I'd agree with not using just FTP for important file transfers, use SFTP at the minimum

Thank you guys for your feedback and help. Sorry, that long time did not respond. This is because the issue was solved and I forgot to tell.) Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom