Can't Install or Uninstall MS Office?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhereBob

In Runtime
I'm running windows XP pro. I was upgrading from Office 2007 pro to Office 2010 pro and chose upgrade as my method as apposed to uninstall and install. About 90% through the process the upgrade locks as does the computer. I waited about 10 minutes hoping for it to respond and it never did. So I opened the task manager and ending the process.

So now Office 2007 is gone and 2010 is not installed?

* So I start it over again and I get an error attached below #1

* I try to uninstalled office 2007 on the add/remove programs and when I click on "uninstall" the screen blinks and nothing happens. Same thing when I click on change. This is the only Office program listed (I don't find 2010 anywhere)

* So I downloaded and tried/ran Microsoft fix it to uninstall which ran but did nothing, program still shows as there (though it's not)

* Then I go into the installer folder under windows and locate the MS Office 2007 pro msi and try to uninstall it here. I get the error message below #2

* went into the registry and located Office in under "hkey current user" and removed it. The went in the registry and located it under hkey local machine but I get denied when I click delete. The program still shows on the add/remove programs list and when I run setup it sees it as it asks me to upgrade.

Bottom line is I don't have either. I can't use 2007 and can't install 2010. Not sure what to do now?

Any help would be very much appreciated as I use this program to do my job.

5053d1337304756-cant-install-delete-ms-office-ms-office-error.jpg

5054d1337304769-cant-install-delete-ms-office-ms-office-error-2.jpg

I would try doing a system restore to a point when you still had Office'07 working or even before. Then uninstall '07 and install '10 from scratch.
Forgot to mention I tried that too. 2007 still lives in there somewhere after the restore

Do you have ANY previous versions of Office installed? If so remove them. 2007 files don't work with 2010 files etc

You can completely uninstall the Microsoft office and also all the registry information with revo uninstaller. Its free to download from the internet. I had similar problems and was successful in removing office with this software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom