can't install creative sound blaster audigy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Always In Problem

Beta member
Helloooo.....
This is my first thread in this forum.
i just formatted my pc. Then I installed all the drivers. Everything was going fine but when i tried to install the sound driver, nothing was possible. I tried to do everthing but nothing worked. Then after googling for my problem i found my answer and now it is working properly.

Now i have a creative sound blaster audigy 5.1 speakers. I tried to install them but it says " no sound blaster device found ".

What to Do????

Note: (1) The speakers were working properly before formatting.
(2) My sound card is of Realtek

additional info can be provided ..........

Thank You

You aren't making any sense here...

1. You said you are installing Sound Blaster Audigy 5.1 Speakers. There is no such thing
2. If your PC says "No sound blaster device found", you didn't install drivers for your soundcard.
3. Sound blaster Audigy is a soundcard
4. "My soundcard is of Realtek". Realtek is also an onboard "soundcard"

WHAT?!

What speakers are you using?
What soundcard are you using? Onboard or PCI card?
What operating system are you using?

You aren't making any sense here...

1. You said you are installing Sound Blaster Audigy 5.1 Speakers. There is no such thing
2. If your PC says "No sound blaster device found", you didn't install drivers for your soundcard.
3. Sound blaster Audigy is a soundcard
4. "My soundcard is of Realtek". Realtek is also an onboard "soundcard"

WHAT?!

What speakers are you using?
What soundcard are you using? Onboard or PCI card?
What operating system are you using?

Sorry for not providing you any or confusing information.
I am running Windows XP
Yes, my realtek sound card is the onboard one.
my drivers are properly installed.
I have creative speakers (only speakers ) and not card. It worked earlier flawlessly but i don't know why it is not working now. On the C.D. I got with the speakers it says Sound Blaster Audigy.

Hope that was useful.

Sorry for not providing you any or confusing information.
I am running Windows XP
Yes, my realtek sound card is the onboard one.
my drivers are properly installed.
I have creative speakers (only speakers ) and not card. It worked earlier flawlessly but i don't know why it is not working now. On the C.D. I got with the speakers it says Sound Blaster Audigy.

Hope that was useful.

Now i understand.
I bought The creative sound blaster audigy sound Card and speakers.
but that was 1 year ago .
then i sold my CPU and baught a new one with a realtek onboard sound card and that's why the creative installer is not detecting the sound card device.

please tell me isn't there any way i can run my all 5 creative speakers in the realtek card only.
Otherwise also when i bought my new CPU and installed the realtek sound card, all of them worked .
Pls Help

Why are you trying to install Creative drivers for the Realtek???

You should be using Realtek drivers for a Realtek chip, and Creative drivers for a Creative card.

Why are you trying to install Creative drivers for the Realtek???

You should be using Realtek drivers for a Realtek chip, and Creative drivers for a Creative card.

I am not installing creative drivers.
Look,
let us assess it again.
My realtek sound card is perfect and working.
my 2 speakers are also working and i am getting good sound.

the problem is, i have 5.1 sorround sound speakers and only 2 are working. there is no problem with the speakers.
also, before formatting the realtek options dialog box had a option to select how many speakers i wanted to listen to ( example 5.1, 7.1 , 2 etc. ) but now it only shows options for selecting microphones and 2 speakers.
also, when i was installing the drivers on my new CPU one year ago, i alstalled realtek card first and then inserted the creative C.D. and installed it too. there was no problem.
but, this time, after installing the realtek card , i tried to install the softwares in the creative C.D. , It gives an error and says no device found.

that's all

Creative CD installs the software you use with your sound blaster card. You need to install the drivers for your sound blaster card, then install the Creative software.

There is no need for on board audio drivers (realtek) if you are using a sound card. That would be like using a on board graphics card when you have a ATI or NVIDIA gpu installed.

I would start with uninstalling the realtek drivers and then install your soundblaster drivers, then the software then go into Creative Console Launcher and setup your surround sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom