Cant get to windows please help

Yeah, I think its just time for a new one. The computer is pretty old only having a 10gig hard drive. The CD copy works as I just used it to update my op from home edition to professional, maybe the cd rom just wont read it because its is too old. Im stumped, my freind that gave me the copy says its sounds like the hard drive but I dont want to buy a new one and it doesnt work. I guess there is nothing else to do huh? Well thanks anyways all the help, at least I found a nice forum where people know about these things and are willing to spread the knowledge.

everyone seems intent on buying a new one, so maybe that will happen soon. We'll see what happens, maybe they will put it in the shop.

Jmonty580 said:
My problem is that my computer wont go to windows when I turn it on. Instead I get a stop error telling me if this is the first time Im seeing this message to restart the computer, and everytime I restart the computer it goes to the same blue error screen again. It goes on to tell me something about a problem with either some hardware that I installed or a software that I installed. To knowledge no new Hardware or software was installed but other were using the computer at the time so its possible someone else installed some kind of software from the net. I ran a Norton emergency virus scan and ofcourse nothing happened. I tryed to restore to the last good confiruration and not even that worker. THe computer has windows 2000 professional installed on it and we dont have a copy of it to reinstall in because someone else put that version on there for us (bacially a family computer). Is there anything I can do to bring my computer back to life other than buying windows and installing that? I cant afford to buy windows again and dont have any friends that I could get a copy from. Any help would be greatly appreiacated, but Im think im Sh%# out of luck.
Please comment on the following,Quote your 1st post.
I tryed to restore to the last good confiruration and not even that worker. THe computer has windows 2000 professional installed on it
========
You have to get to Windows to use "Restore"
:eek: :rolleyes: :)
========
You indicate .topic:Cant get to windows please help

Just thought id inform you guys that I got it fixed. I bought a 40 gig hard drive and installed it and thought that would fix the problem. The computer excepted the Hard drive but it wouldnt it would let me format the hard drive or install XP porfessional. When I called the hard drive's company help line they told me that my cd player's didnt work, because when I put in the Operating system the computer kept saying diskette problem or something like that. My freind who is a PC tech for Dell said he would take a look at it for me, and he called me yesterday to tell me that it was all working now. He said something was wrong with the system board or something. I didnt find out all the details as to what was the problem but I'll find out more and post what was really wrong if anyone wants to know.

So in short im happy because by this weekend I will have the desktop back and nobody will have to use my laptop :D , too bad I had to pay 80 bucks for a hard drive that I probably didnt need, but its all worth it in the end because the bluescreen of death is gone.

Back
Top Bottom