Can't Get Back Into My YouTube Accounts

NoCoolNames

Baseband Member
I recently relocated and changed my phone numbers,and apparently I didn't add updating my info in YouTube on my to do list for moving because apparently it's one important thing you should do...

I guess it's that stupid 2 step verification thing where they send a code to your phone...well my number has changed,and there's no chance in getting anything forwarded anyway. And of course it's the account I have with no backup email address either,the rest of my YouTube accounts had those so I can't get in that way.

There is absolutely no contact info on their sites to get a hold of a human and explain that I've tried all that and that they're poor excuse for security questions don't work either...I mean who remembers the exact dates they signed up on their sites? After some digging I was able to find a phone number for their corporate office but of course there was nothing they could do anyway. So apparently Google should offer their services up to national security because they're the most impossible nut to crack I've come across to date...even worse than AOL when I lost my first 6 accounts to them:rolleyes:

So I'm down to thinking about which computers I've used before that's familiar to them that won't tell me it's an unfamiliar place and try to get in there...after that I don't know what else to try. Reason I'm trying so hard is that I've got years of uploads on there and it would be silly to lose just because of something as stupid as this.

Any hacks?...

There are FireFox extensions (and websites) that allow you to download videos/audio from YouTube...though they're technically against YouTube ToS to use them... So we can't really recommend any specifics (but you can always search based on the hints given) - since we don't really have any actual way to verify you're the actual owner of the content.

There are FireFox extensions (and websites) that allow you to download videos/audio from YouTube...though they're technically against YouTube ToS to use them... So we can't really recommend any specifics (but you can always search based on the hints given) - since we don't really have any actual way to verify you're the actual owner of the content.

Well it's me and my voice in my videos so yes I'm the owner of the content...thanks I will try those things. I've heard of them before and it looks like I'm going to have to go in the back door to retrieve the things I've been posting for years. Not sure how much of it I still have as backup on drives.

Btw if I do extract the YouTube vids,will they still remain in my saves even if YouTube decides to shut down that page for inactivity or such...or will the vids disappear too?

Back
Top Bottom