Can't format card? Need Help?

I had met this situation before. it also is TF card.
if the format of tf card is raw, it means the card was broken. I checked the solution before, it's said there is some solutions also, but I haven't try that method.

Yeah detox, I really do need an adapter. Although, the computer I'm currently using doesn't even have a card reader. I should be getting a new computer that offers this function soon. I heard microSD and transflash (TF) are the same. Could you describe your experience with the situation that I'm facing? I've been looking for solutions but so far there's no progress.

Bump
Up
My
Problem

EDIT: I just checked disk management and said that the card's file system IS indeed "RAW". Oh sh*t. I don't know what the f*ck just happened or what to do next... :(

Bump
Up
My
Problem

EDIT: I just checked disk management and said that the card's file system IS indeed "RAW". Oh sh*t. I don't know what the f*ck just happened or what to do next... :(

You need to bring the card back to its original settings now. As far as I can tell the data is lost, so no use crying over spilled milk at this point in time.

You have two options to do this, there is no other way that I know off hand, so if it is not possible with your PC or items, find someone who has the ability to do it for you.

Option (A): Get a SD Card adapter for your (or someone elses) computer, connect the card, and format it as you normally would to bring it back to factory settings
Option (B): Find a digital camera, insert the SD card, and format it through the cameras options (most cameras can do this for you)
Option (X): Get over it and buy another 4GB card as I believe they cost like $5?

Goodluck man

You need to bring the card back to its original settings now. As far as I can tell the data is lost, so no use crying over spilled milk at this point in time.

You have two options to do this, there is no other way that I know off hand, so if it is not possible with your PC or items, find someone who has the ability to do it for you.

Option (A): Get a SD Card adapter for your (or someone elses) computer, connect the card, and format it as you normally would to bring it back to factory settings
Option (B): Find a digital camera, insert the SD card, and format it through the cameras options (most cameras can do this for you)
Option (X): Get over it and buy another 4GB card as I believe they cost like $5?

Goodluck man

It's not paying for another one that's the problem, it's whether or not my data and family videos/photos can be saved from the defected SD card. How am I supposed to get over it if everything gets lost?

Then I would recommend going to a local tech center, or even a best buy store if that is the best you have in the area and finding out if they can do data recovery on the SD card.

you could try downloading free data recovery software. I just google'd it and there are a few out there.

I just found out that my card is now "RAW" instead of "NTFS" or "FAT". Can do I do? I'm trying to format to FAT32 then recover it!

swissknife, download this. it will format into fat32.
I have a short guide HERE

but since you have to delete the volume the info on the card may be lost.

I just thought of something else, my phone has an option to use the microSDcard as mass storage.
so when I plug the phone into the computer it shows up as such the list of hard drives. and I can do what i want with it.
does you phone have that option?

Back
Top Bottom