can't even plug in my monitor?

Cheaper TFT's have analouge interfaces, but the screens are digital, this means your PC is converting a digital signal to analouge, then the monitor is changing the analouge to digital again at the other end, it is rather pointless and degrades the quality.

DVI is the new interface for digital displays, it carrys a digital signal right to the monitor and removes the pontless conversion. The DVI port also transmits normal VGA within it though, which is why you can still use a VGA monitor on a DVI port with a cheap adapter.

The DVI (Digital Video Input) adapter to accommodate a VGA plug just has the VGA component signal, forget DVI. DVI has 21 pins and VGA 15 pins. Also, not all cards have both! it would be too nice. Finally DVI absolutely gives a better quality signal.

What I actually meant by tahat though was that all cards had VGA. I didn't mean both. sorry hehe.

What I meant was, if it had DVI, it must have VGA too really

*KaGe*

I've seen cards with 2 DVI ports, and a some with just a single DVI port. That'll probably be the standard evetually, seeing how easilly we can convert back to VGA using it...

Back
Top Bottom