Can't disable Fingerprint on boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am running one account with admin privelages. When I right click to run as admin The same options are there. OmniPass won't run in SafeMode, I've tried.

I don't plan on installing the manual, but did you see a battery or jumper on the mobo sketches? Can you give me an idea of where they would be? I know I have to lift the keyboard to get underneath.

Hello,

Sorry, I can't view the manual now as I've switched to my mac. The user manual is just a standalone executable which doesn't need to be installed.

Hello,

Sorry, I can't view the manual now as I've switched to my mac. The user manual is just a standalone executable which doesn't need to be installed.

So I think I found something on the webz:

"Systems which incorporate the Softex OmniPass software also contain a special BIOS. When the computer is switched on or restarted, the OmniPass BIOS will check for the special hard disk partition and the existence of the fingerprint library. It will then prompt for a fingerprint (or a password) before it will allow you to boot the computer. If the library is not present or empty, it will only prompt for the preset password.

If the special primary partition (Type 12h - EISA Configuration partition) is not present, and there is free space on the hard disk, the OmniPass BIOS will automatically create a new empty type 12h primary partition. Therefore, you only need to leave 10 MB or more of free space and the BIOS will automatically create an empty library partition.

Note: Unused space within an extended partition is not 'free' space as the extended partition occupies this space even if no logical partitions have been created within the extended partition. There must be at least 10 Mb of unpartitioned space for the creation of a primary partition by the BIOS."

They are saying that the password is set on the HDD but if you reformat the HDD, as soon as it finds the sapce, it will automatically add itself back? I am confused

source: OmniPass fingerprint software will not allow you to enable system boot authentication

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom