Can't delete a folder

Not positive on this... normally it works but what you actually need to do is like said before boot in safe mode, but here's the catch, even though your account may be a computer administrator, it's not THE administrator. You need to physically type in "Administrator". Depending on who installed Windows the password is different. If the computer had a preinstalled OS then the Administrator account will have no password. If not then you may have to find out from the person who installed. If you don't know it then conctact me and there are ways to reset the administrators password. But after being logged in under that account in safe mode then you should be able to delete it. Like I said... normally it works... if not I do have more suggestions.

ah it just keeps telling me the same thing: Can't find C:\video
There are only 2 accounts mine and Administrator and both say the same thing. I installed windows, and I also typed in administrator at the beginning of the command line and without neither worked.

This is what I type that should work logged on as admin.
Del C:\video/F
And this is what it says:
Could not find C:\video\*

ok here is a sure fire kill all method to delete this folder.
open up explore to this folders location. then open up task manager and keep it open and go to processes highlight explorer.exe and end that process. your task bar will disapear at the bottom showing it worked now go to that folder and delete it. then go to applications and click on new task and type in explorer.exe and your bar will come back.

Back
Top Bottom