Cant create new partition in windows 7 home basic 64 bit

Harsh Pranami

Baseband Member
hi friends. Yesterday i bought a hp g6-2005ax laptop. now when i opened my computer at home i saw that all abt 450gb was pushed in the c: drive itself. So i shrinked it to 50 gb using disk management and created an unallocated space of abt 400gb. Now the problem started here. I cannot make a new simple partition from the unallocated space. It says dynamic disk are not supported. Upon searching the internet i found that the reason of this error was that already four partitions were created and windows doesn't allow fifth one. The four partitions on my lappy are c:, recovery d:, HP_TOOLS(doesn't show in my computer) and system(also doesn't show in my computer). Now i'm very much confused. i need a partition apart from c: drive. I'm uncomfortable in deleting the recovery partition in case i need it in future. Please suggest me what to do.

Last edited:
Well you dont have to much of a choice. You cant create another primary partition. So either you delete the HP Tools or the System partition so that you can create another primary partition.

Back
Top Bottom