can't copy movies to ipad

superdave1984

Repeat Offender
I am growing weary of my kids youtube usage so I decided I would try and copy a bunch of movies to the ipad so they could watch movies on the road. OK, so I google and follow a bunch of tutorials to no avail. I have tried mp-4 as well as .mov and neither will go into itunes. It is an ipad1 so it has iOS 5.1. I have the latest version of itunes on my PC. I just can't get it to copy the movie files into itunes so I can synch them and store them on the ipad. I don't get an error message, just nothing happens.

I open itunes after connecting the ipad, expand my device on the left side so that I have the list view on the right side. Then I try to drag and drop files into the right side and nothing happens. It just does nothing. I can see a small red circle with a red line through it when I drop so obviously itunes does not like what I am trying to do. I am far from an ipad noob, but I am just as far from being an expert.

Attachments

• itunes.jpg
    itunes.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 4
Did you place it in the DCIM ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tech-Forums

Did you put it in the DCIM folder in the iPad's storage??? If so, I may be able to help a bit. So, here's what I recommend. I recommend that you try making a folder DCIM with all the file types listed below and put them in that. Note: I also advise that you put the audio files (just audio) in the .mp4 and .mp3 formats. I also advise that If this method doesn't work, you could also try Bluetooth file transfer.

1. DCIM.mov

2. DCIM.mp4

3. DCIM.mp3

I love to being a help to you and if you need any more help email me at <snipped> or contact me through this forum.. Also if this goes wrong tell me .

Hmm.. Since I just looked at yur picture, you gotta do it by when you plug the iPad into your PC on Windows (if prompted) and since your trying to put in videos, you shoul

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom