Can't connect to the internet

sanka

Daemon Poster
When I turned on my computer today my internet didn't work.
First, I uninstalled Zonealarm, because I had just installed it last night (it was working last night). But it still didn't work.
Second, I tried to system restore. When I check the restore point and hit next: NOTHING HAPPENS (Fighting. ANGER.Ahh!!). I let it sit for an hour (took a nap) and NOTHING.
Third, I tried the windows troubleshooter. Didn't help me.

Right now I'm on my second hard-drive (its like I'm dual-booting windows), and the internet is working fine, so its obviously the operating system.

What is wrong/what can I do!
Specs in sig..

Dude I already tried read my first post:

Alexf1224 said:
Second, I tried to system restore. When I check the restore point and hit next: NOTHING HAPPENS (Fighting. ANGER.Ahh!!). I let it sit for an hour (took a nap) and NOTHING.

Boot the PC with the CD (Put the CD in the drive, restart, let it boot to the CD) and select repair.

Jesusfrk611 said:
Boot the PC with the CD (Put the CD in the drive, restart, let it boot to the CD) and select repair.

why, you must have an issue with reading...he just said right above you he can't find the disk not that he didn't know how to do it.

about all i can say is that you need to find a buddy with the same version of xp you have. pop the disk in and have a go at repairing it. other than that, i dunno bro, sorry.

well since you tried the system restore and rebooting and everything...

and you got on with your other HD...

ok try resetting the router...doubt it will do anything but try anyway...

also try:
run: cmd

ipconfig/release
then: ipconfig/renew

that just restarts your networking...and that has helped me even after I tried rebooting and stuff sooo

Those two things didn't work, it just said something like "Windows XP IPConfig" and didn't do anything.

I ended up just drive-to-drive coping my worse (but working) drive files to my better main drive, and everything works now.

those 2 things don't ever do anything but waste time.
at least u got everything working the hard way.

Back
Top Bottom