Cant connect PC to PC??

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthegreat

Baseband Member
i use PC to PC cord (i dont know the nick name for it CAT5???) but both PC cant recognise they are connected to each other.
one is gigabit Lan connection, the other one is 10/100 MBs
wat should i do?
is there anything wrong with the cord?

You can call that either an ethernet cable or a CAT5 (category 5) cable. Make sure you've ran the Network Setup Wizard on both computers and all settings are configured correctly. If so, try this to see if it helps with your networking issue. Go to Network Connections. Right click on the appropriate Local Area Connection icon and click Properties. In the box, click on Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) then click Properties. Click in "Use the following IP address:" and put in the IP address box 192.168.0.1. Tab down to Subnet mask and it should automatically assign 255.255.255.0, which is fine. Apply those settings then do the same on the other computer, except for that one, give it 192.168.0.2.

See if that works. If not, come back and let us know.

sigh...
dw about me
i jss go ask around for jss a answer.... dats ip config thing... i forgot about dat, now my things all works now, im using switch....
ta nice ppls in this 4rum

To connect PC-to-PC directly, you need what is known as a crossover ethernet cable.
This cable is wired somewhat differently than a regular ethernet/cat5 cable.

You may have a question like this....
"Why then do hubs and routers dont need such a cable?"
Well, hubs, routers, and switches, autodetect the type of cable and automatically crossover the connections in the socket inside the router/hub/switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom