Can't change background

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsteg

Baseband Member
Hi. I just recently tried to attemp to remove the AntiVirusGold ad that was on my desktop (removing link led to their website). I got to the point where I could remove the ad, but now my background is black. When i right-click and hit property, all I can see is screen saver and settings as far as tabs. Take a look for yourself:

display.jpg

On the other accounts on my computer, they are able to change the desktop. What file am I missing? What can I do? Thank you.

gsteg

Baseband Member
Yes I did (to get rid of the malware), but I couldn't use this before touching the registry either. If it indeed has a missing registry file, how do I get it back?

Tyler1989

Fully Optimized
You should have just used spyware cleaning software. I recommend you use a registry cleaner to fix any broken registry vaules you left and install new backrounds.

gsteg

Baseband Member
I've used all other spware removal tool and they couldn't get it out. I had to edit the registry though an instruction I got in another forum. It did get the spyware out, but its just one of the Windows user account that couldn't have its background set. I will look into the windows registry cleaner. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.