Can't Burn DVD's anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

afbla

Beta member
Hi I'm having trouble burning dvds and cd's on my Phillips DVD+-RW (DVD8701). when i insert a blank Memorex DVD+RW 4.7 GB 8X into my drive it says that the disk has 0 bytes total and 0 bytes free.when i insert a comp usa blank cd it says 702 mb total 702 mb available.which leads me to believe that the unabilitty to burn dvd's is due to a windows error and not a hardware(lens,firmware,etc.).I have found that this drive uses ASPI becuase when i deleted Intel 82801G the drive was uninstalled with it.I have also reset my ASPI DLLs which i found out were no installed, but this did not solve the problem.

ASPI.SYS,Version 4.71.2
WOWPOST.EXE,Version 4.6(1021)
WINAPSI.DLL,Version 4.6(1021)
WinAPSI.DLL,Version 4.71.2

Another wierd thing i noticed is that all my cd/dvd related drives were marked as cd drives(under their ofiicial name(i.e On top DVD Drive(E:\)under that Cd Drive))

Also Itunes gave me a message about the dvd/cd burning registries it uses were are missing, it siad this can be due to installing another cd/dvd burning program
Here is some Info about my computer

All cd and dvd applications previuosly or currently installed

Burn4free
Alchol 120%(only 1 v. drive installed)
Magic ISO
Itunes
Sonic
Windows Media Center
Real
Windows Media Player
Quicktime

Recently Installed Apps

Direct MIDI to Mp3
WinAvi Mp4

Operating System

Windows XP Service Pack 2 With Latest Updates

Other cd/dvd DrivesBesides the drive i'm having prblems with[

HL-DT-ST DVD Rom GDR8163B
Alchol 120% virtraul Drive

Thanks Everyone

same problem

ok, I bought this lg GSA-4167B dvd writer, I burn't about 10 dvd's, then my dvd-RW disapeared from mycomputer. It became DVD-RAM drive. I have another lg CD-RW that works fine, but my dvd one isn't recognizable anymore. It just started to do it like that, for no reason. I need to fix it by friday because im selling it on friday. Please someone help, all drivers are updated. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Nothing works.

I have an Lg DVD burner aswell (model 4163B)
showing up as DVD-RAM drive is actually correct. the LG drives are the only ones I know of that burn DVD-RAM media (as well as + and -)

do your burning programs still recognise it?

nope... I cant burn any dvd's at all, it doesn't even recognized blank media dvd's... I really need to get this thing to work, but I used to have a drive under "mycompter" saying DVD/RW, and that drive is gone ever since I burn't maybe 10 dvd's...

Also, remember DVDburners and CD-RW combo uses different lenses for each task. So maybe you've the DVD lense damaged and that's why you got that problem. Also check your firmware on the manufacturer website.

The pioneer 110 also does dvd-ram with +/- and dual layer......
The benQ drives seem to be top now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom