Can't Boot Into Safe Mode--Blue Screen Of Death

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have decided to give myself a project for the weekend and that was to get rid of all of the viruses on my old PC. I originally had some post about this ---->here<----. I have already had problems following the instructions provided by Osiris. Here's what I did:

First, I turned on the computer and pressed F8 to get to the safe mode booting menu. I clicked Boot in Safe Mode. Then I was prompted to chose which OS I wanted to boot into Safe Mode with. I chose the only one I have on this PC. (Windows XP Home Premium 32-Bit). There after a list of all of the drivers being uploaded.

The ugly part is the next screen, which I am sure a lot of people have seen before.

blue-screen-of-death1.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My screen is pretty much the same this except mine doesn't show the following parts of the message:

• Mine says
    Check to be suer you have adequate disk spce. If a driver is identified in the Stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.

• Mine also says
    Check with you hardware vendor for an BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

• Mine shows
    *** STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x80537009, 0xF7C7B508, 0xF7C7B204)
    It doesn't show anything below this point.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have tried restarting the computer and booting into Safe Mode like it says many times. I am really just not sure at all as to what I am suppose to do or if there is anything to do.

Anything you can do to help is greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom