Canada - Afghanistan

Nice article even though it's very old. The death toll has been steadily increasing as we are having alot of problems over their.

I have talked to people who have been over their with the Canadian forces and it's not a fun place to be, even though the war has been over for quite a while, it's still very dangerous.

"If (George) Bush wants to send troops out and not care for their wellbeing, let the Americans fight the war in Afghanistan. Aren't they the ones who started it?" asked Canadian Mike Dowdry. "Why are we getting involved in something we had nothing to do with? That's the American way, not Canadian."
Well this is my opinion, some people may disagree with it but whatever. Canada is a wealthy nation so I think its good that they are helping out smaller countries. I think that the more powerful countries in the world should have this responsibility. If we just ignore everything going on over in the middle east it is not going to get any better. So when larger, wealthier countries step in and help I think that is the right thing to be doing. Yes it can cost lives but sometimes thats a sacrifice you have to make.

The Amish Kid said:
Well this is my opinion, some people may disagree with it but whatever. Canada is a wealthy nation so I think its good that they are helping out smaller countries. I think that the more powerful countries in the world should have this responsibility. If we just ignore everything going on over in the middle east it is not going to get any better. So when larger, wealthier countries step in and help I think that is the right thing to be doing. Yes it can cost lives but sometimes thats a sacrifice you have to make.

It would be alot better if the western world never emssed around.

"If (George) Bush wants to send troops out and not care for their wellbeing, let the Americans fight the war in Afghanistan. Aren't they the ones who started it?" asked Canadian Mike Dowdry. "Why are we getting involved in something we had nothing to do with? That's the American way, not Canadian."

The Afgan operation is not a American lead operation nor a UN lead operation. Its a NATO operation. NATO is largely a military force created to combat the warsaw treaty with Russian sattliete states. Canadians need to understand NATO fully supports the war in Afgan. Canadians also need to understand that they have to do this, not only does NATO provide fast and effective military force (which the UN after teams lacks due to the fact that they are still trying to define whats going on) it also provides lot of nice trade bonuses with its partners.

I believe we have German, Brits, French, Canandain, and American soliders in AFgan prob a few other countries I believe Japan and Austrila but I can't be sure. The scene in Afgan got a lil nasty for a bit with a few accidents but I feel that its not claming down. Canandians need to understand that the NATO supports Afgan war, and that them being a part of it means that they need to be in it.

DJ-CHRIS said:
Nice article even though it's very old. The death toll has been steadily increasing as we are having alot of problems over their.

I have talked to people who have been over their with the Canadian forces and it's not a fun place to be, even though the war has been over for quite a while, it's still very dangerous.
It's not all that old, Wednesday June 14, 2006, only a month and three days.

Back
Top Bottom