Can you tell me if all these parts are conpatible?

angusm9@hotmail

Solid State Member
Okay I am planning on building my own computer and I just want to make sure all these components are compatible...and yes I have already looked just want to make sure...
These are the components:

CASE: Apevia Black/Black X-Plorer ATX Mid-Tower Case with Clear Side, Fan Controller, Front USB and Firewire Port

POWER SUPPLY: Apevia / Iceberg / 680-Watt / ATX / Dual 80mm Fan / 20/24 Pin / SLI-Ready / SATA-Ready / Green / Power Supply

MOBO: Apevia / Iceberg / 680-Watt / ATX / Dual 80mm Fan / 20/24 Pin / SLI-Ready / SATA-Ready / Green / Power Supply

PROCESSOR: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 Processor EU80580PJ0606M - 2.50GHz, 6MB Cache, 1333MHz FSB, Yorkfield, Quad Core, OEM, Socket 775, Processor

VIDEO CARD: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 Processor EU80580PJ0606M - 2.50GHz, 6MB Cache, 1333MHz FSB, Yorkfield, Quad Core, OEM, Socket 775, Processor

RAM: OCZ SLI-Ready Dual Channel 4096MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz Memory (2x2048MB)

HARD DRIVE: Maxtor DiamondMax 21 500GB Hard Drive - 7200, 16MB, SATA-300, OEM

DVD DRIVE: Lite-On LH-20A1L-06 SuperAllwrite Lightscribe DVD Burner OEM - 20x DVD±R Burn, 16x DVD±R Read, 8x DVD+RW, 6x DVD-RW, 8x DVD±R DL, 12x DVD-RAM, 48x24x CD-R/RW, Black, SATA, No Software

and then I have cpu and case fans Thanks for your help

Okay I am planning on building my own computer and I just want to make sure all these components are compatible...and yes I have already looked just want to make sure...
These are the components:

CASE: Apevia Black/Black X-Plorer ATX Mid-Tower Case with Clear Side, Fan Controller, Front USB and Firewire Port

POWER SUPPLY: Apevia / Iceberg / 680-Watt / ATX / Dual 80mm Fan / 20/24 Pin / SLI-Ready / SATA-Ready / Green / Power Supply

MOBO: Apevia / Iceberg / 680-Watt / ATX / Dual 80mm Fan / 20/24 Pin / SLI-Ready / SATA-Ready / Green / Power Supply

PROCESSOR: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 Processor EU80580PJ0606M - 2.50GHz, 6MB Cache, 1333MHz FSB, Yorkfield, Quad Core, OEM, Socket 775, Processor

VIDEO CARD: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 Processor EU80580PJ0606M - 2.50GHz, 6MB Cache, 1333MHz FSB, Yorkfield, Quad Core, OEM, Socket 775, Processor

RAM: OCZ SLI-Ready Dual Channel 4096MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz Memory (2x2048MB)

HARD DRIVE: Maxtor DiamondMax 21 500GB Hard Drive - 7200, 16MB, SATA-300, OEM

DVD DRIVE: Lite-On LH-20A1L-06 SuperAllwrite Lightscribe DVD Burner OEM - 20x DVD±R Burn, 16x DVD±R Read, 8x DVD+RW, 6x DVD-RW, 8x DVD±R DL, 12x DVD-RAM, 48x24x CD-R/RW, Black, SATA, No Software

and then I have cpu and case fans Thanks for your help

I hate anything Apevia with a passion. I had the exact case you want, and it's a piece of crap. Sharp corners everywhere, the doors gent bent up like crazy...it's just a terrible case. Also, it doesn't fit most power supplies, even those from Apevia (they hit the top fan...stupid design..you have to take it out and you get a hole on the top of your case). I'd select a better case...maybe something from cooler master- they make great cheap cases. If you have some extra for the case...maybe an Antec 900?

Obviously you had some troubles copying and pasting...so I'll leave that for you to fix. I wouldn't get the power supply you selected....you should always buy a very high quality power supply...even if it's more expensive. Once you fix your GPU/Mobo I'll recommend one to you....

The Q9300 looks fine...you can OC it like crazy :) If you do want to OC, make sure to get a better heatsink. Stock intel heatsinks aren't very good.

For your hard drive, get this instead, as it has a 32mb cache- it will be faster. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148288

Okay sorry about that mistake I made when i was coppying.
The mother board I have selected is a

EVGA nForce 750i SLI FTW Motherboard - NVIDIA nForce 750i, 45nm Support, Socket 775, ATX, PCI Express 2.0, SLI Ready, Gigabit LAN, S/PDIF, USB 2.0, Firewire, Serial ATA, RAID

Then the video card I have selected is a

XFX GeForce 8800 GT Video Card - Alpha Dog Edition, 512MB DDR3, PCI Express 2.0, SLI Ready, (Dual Link) Dual DVI, HDTV, Variable Fan Speed

I took that recomendation of that hard drive and will now be getting it, but for the case i have switched to a

NZXT Apollo Black ATX Mid-Tower Case with Clear Side, Front USB, Firewire and Audio Ports

Okay thats alot for your help!

Okay sorry about that mistake I made when i was coppying.
The mother board I have selected is a

EVGA nForce 750i SLI FTW Motherboard - NVIDIA nForce 750i, 45nm Support, Socket 775, ATX, PCI Express 2.0, SLI Ready, Gigabit LAN, S/PDIF, USB 2.0, Firewire, Serial ATA, RAID

Then the video card I have selected is a

XFX GeForce 8800 GT Video Card - Alpha Dog Edition, 512MB DDR3, PCI Express 2.0, SLI Ready, (Dual Link) Dual DVI, HDTV, Variable Fan Speed

I took that recomendation of that hard drive and will now be getting it, but for the case i have switched to a

NZXT Apollo Black ATX Mid-Tower Case with Clear Side, Front USB, Firewire and Audio Ports

Okay thats alot for your help!

I'm pretty unfamiliar with Nvidia's chipsets, so I can't comment on that..

I see no reason to get the 8800GT. Get the Radeon 4850 HD instead. It's about $20-30 more, and you will get a lot more power. So definitely opt for that instead:

17129.png

17134.png

17130.png

If you're going for Radeon, you're going to want to get an Intel motherboard, especially if you plan to CrossFire later. Go for a P45 chipset:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131299

That motherboard is compatible with everything that you've picked out.

The Power Supply you picked out isn't the best...but I'm also unfamiliar with PSUs. I'm guessing you want it because it's clear. 680W is a lot of unnecessary power...550W would be fine for this system....but if you ever plan to CrossFire, I guess it's nice to have the extra wiggle room.

The reason I choose that graphics card was because 2 people I know have it and they said they had no problems and they played cod4 on high resolution.
I would like to stick with that mother boared but dont really mid changing graphics card.
And also if you could reccoment a good power supply over 600 watts that would be great..

The reason I choose that graphics card was because 2 people I know have it and they said they had no problems and they played cod4 on high resolution.
I would like to stick with that mother boared but dont really mid changing graphics card.
And also if you could reccoment a good power supply over 600 watts that would be great..

Intel Chipsets are better than Nvidia's chipsets, especially if you're running an ATI card. Also, if you go with the intel, you could get another 4850 in the future, and CrossFire 'em...if you go Nvidia, you can't do that. It would be very unwise to go with the 750i instead of the P45.

I'm no good with PSUs...wait for someone else.

Well Its really hard now to find a "good" processor
I am kinda thinking about this one because it sounds good and was designed for a quad core

EVGA nforce 780i SLI Motherboard - A1 Version, NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI, Socket 775, ATX, Audio, PCI Express 2.0, Dual Gigabit LAN, S/PDIF, USB 2.0, Firewire, Serial ATA, RAID

I have selected a new case which seems good quaility

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2477938&CatId=1842

Well Its really hard now to find a "good" processor
I am kinda thinking about this one because it sounds good and was designed for a quad core

EVGA nforce 780i SLI Motherboard - A1 Version, NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI, Socket 775, ATX, Audio, PCI Express 2.0, Dual Gigabit LAN, S/PDIF, USB 2.0, Firewire, Serial ATA, RAID

I have selected a new case which seems good quaility

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2477938&CatId=1842

That has an nvidia chipset...the 780i.

If you get a ATi card it's ridiculous to get an Nvidia chipset. If you're so set upon going Nvidia, then get a 9800GTX+. But it's $200. The 4850 HD is about just as powerful, and it's only $155 with a mail-in-rebate. I'm going to say the 4850 HD still. Intel chipsets are better for OC'ing, more stable, and they support CrossFire...which is great if you get the 4850 HD.

Look at the benchmarks I showed you....

Back
Top Bottom